Set up a custom domain in Blogger like a GoDaddy domain
Dear blogger users! As you have created your blog website on blogger.com and you want to set a custom domain in it so that instead of blogspot.com from your website URL you have your desired domain name and there are many benefits of a custom domain. Custom domains attract your visitors or users, and custom domains are preferred in many places.
If you do not know how to set a custom domain in blogger, then in this post you will be able to learn that method and it is also important to learn this method, because if you make a slight mistake then you may have to face some problems. Currently, I will tell you how to set up a custom domain purchased from GoDaddy in a blog website, and the same method is followed with every domain provider.
As you have purchased your desired custom domain from GoDaddy, and want to add it to your blog website, then the process is as follows -
1. Open the GoDaddy website and log in with your email id or Google Account.
2. After login, your profile will appear on the top right side. After clicking on it, you will see the option of "My Products". Click on the "My Products" option.
3. After clicking on the My Products option, you will see your purchased domain and on the same, you will see three dots. On clicking on those three dots, you will see three options named Edit Settings, Change Privacy, Manage DNS. Now click on "Manage DNS".
4. Clicking on Manage DNS will open the DNS Management Panel, where the DNS record of your domain will be displayed. This DNS record is initially the default DNS record. Which will usually look like the image below.
5. Now login to blogger.com and open your blog website and then click on setting. After clicking on the setting, scroll down a bit and you will see the Publishing option. In that publishing option, you will see the option of a custom domain. Now click on Custom Domain.
6. After clicking on Custom Domain, you will see a place to add a custom domain. Now you add your custom domain with www. it is there and then click on save. You can do this by looking at the image below-
7. After clicking Save, you will see an error asking you to set some required records in your DNS records. You will need to set those required records (two CNAME records) in your domain's DNS records. The first CNAME record is the same for everyone, but the second CNAME record is unique to each custom domain user.
8. Let's first add the CNAME record. When you look at your default DNS record, you will see a CNAME record with the name www, in which your domain name is associated with the data or destination.
Now you click on edit in that CNAME record and remove the data already existing in it (your domain) and save it by adding in destination ghs.google.com there. In TTL you will see 1 Hour or default, let it be 1 Hour or default. You can do this with the help of the below picture.
9. Now let's add the second CNAME record. When you will see your default DNS record then the "Add" option will appear on the top right side, you click on it and select CNAME in the Type section. In the Name section, you add that unique token code given by the blogger and in the Data or Destination, add that unique destination code given by the blogger. In TTL you will see 1 Hour or default, let it be 1 Hour or default. Now save it. You can do this with the help of the below picture.
10. Now both the required CNAME records have been added to your DNS record. Now for the IP address of your website, A name record has to be added to your DNS record. To add A name record, click on the support page link given in blogger, where you will see 4 A name records.
11. To set those four A-name records to DNS records, the DNS record will already have an A name record set, in which it will be seen as parked in the data.
Now in that, A name record clicks on edit and remove parked and save A name record data by adding first. Now, click on the Add option at the top of your Manage DNS panel. After clicking, you will see the section to set a record. You select A in type. Put adroit in the name and add the first A name record to the data. Keep TTL as default and then click on save. Similarly, you have to add all the four A name records one by one. You can understand it with the help of the picture given below.
12. Now again click on save in the section of saving custom domain in your blog website. Your custom domain will be saved.
13. After setup the custom domain, now you turn on the Redirect domain and in the HTTPS section, turn on HTTPS availability and HTTPS redirect. You can understand it with the help of the picture given below.
Your much-needed DNS records are now set up. Similarly, DNS records are added to each DNS provider.
Forward domain from GoDaddy's Manage DNS panel
After adding the required DNS records, you have to forward your custom domain from there. Forwarding the domain is very important because if you will not forward the custom domain you purchased from GoDaddy from the manage DNS panel of GoDaddy, then if a user opens only your domain name then direct GoDaddy's site like the picture below Will open like that which is not right.
Therefore it is necessary to forward the domain. Forwarding a domain is very easy. When you scroll down a bit below the DNS record, you will see the Forwarding section.
Now click on Add Forwarding in the domain. In the first column select https:// and in the second column your domain as www.yourdomain Add with. In Forward type select Permanent (301) and then click on Save. You can understand it with the help of the picture given below.
Now your custom domain will open your website only. After setting all these DNS records in your custom domain and after forwarding the domain, your blog website will start opening perfectly on your custom domain after 20 to 30 minutes.
In this post, we learned how to add a custom domain purchased from GoDaddy to the blog website made on Blogger. We believe that after reading and understanding this post, you will be able to add a custom domain in blogger easily. If you are facing any problems while doing this then feel free to contact us.
Able People Encourage Us By Donating : सामर्थ्यवान व्यक्ति हमें दान देकर उत्साहित करें।
Thanks for reading: GoDaddy custom domain setup in Blogger, Please, share this article. If this article helped you, then you must write your feedback in the comment box.
Post a Comment